The Oak Meadow Swim Club wants you and your family to have a safe and enjoyable summer. Please familiarize yourself with our pool rules, as they are a requirement of all of our members.
- The pool manager or on-duty lifeguard will be in charge of the pool operation and responsible for the enforcement of the rules and regulations.
- All members and their guests must register upon entering the Club facilities.
- Children under the age of 9 must pass a swim test given by the pool staff before visiting the pool alone. Children 7 and under must be accompanied by a mature, responsible person 13 years or older.
- Persons with skin disorders, colds or other infections or diseases will not enter the pool.
- Infants and toddlers who are not potty trained must wear swim diapers.
- Parents assume responsibility for children in the wading pool. Only children age 6 or under will be allowed in the wading pool. Parents are reminded that the wading pool is unsupervised especially during times when a lifeguard is not on duty. Please be especially careful during swim team practice, swim meets, swim lessons and adult swim times.
- An adult swim or break will be called for ten minutes each hour. No one under the age of 18 will be allowed in the pool during break.
- Running, scuffling, "dunking" or horseplay will not be allowed. No diving in shallow end.
- The water area in front of the diving boards must be kept clear. No loitering on ladders, keep clear. No diving will be permitted from the side of the board, and no repeated bouncing or hanging on the boards will be allowed. The diving well may be closed a maximum of 20 minutes each hour (except during water aerobics) or games.
- Pool games and activities will be allowed at the discretion of the lifeguard. Any game or activity that becomes too rough or dangerous will be stopped immediately.
- Facemasks or goggles made with glass will not be allowed in the pool. Raft usage will be allowed at the discretion of the lifeguard and will not be allowed at busy times. Floating devices attached to the swimmer for safety are allowed in the shallow end only unless accompanied by a parent or adult over eighteen.
- No food, drink, bottles, gum chewing or cigarette smoking is permitted on the pool edge or in the pool. Food and drinks, etc. will be permitted on the patios and lawn tables, but only in unbreakable non-glass containers.
- No alcoholic beverages will be allowed on the Club grounds except at functions approved by the B.O.D. No persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be allowed on the Club grounds.
- Skates, skateboards, and similar devices are prohibited in the pool enclosure. Water cannons or other high-powered water toys will not be allowed. Large inflatables such as, but not limited to, slides or bounce houses are prohibited on the OMSC property.
- The Club is not responsible for accidents or for lost or missing articles.
- Anyone guilty of violations of Club rules may be asked to sit out for a period of time or be asked to leave for the day. Anyone (member or guest) guilty of repeated violations of Club rules, or guilty of conduct unbecoming of a lady or gentleman, will be suspended or expelled in accordance with current Board Policy.